Ephesus, once the second biggest city of all the eastern World and home to St.Paul (fora short while), St.John and refuge fort he Virgin Mary after the death of Christ, has a long history reachingback to the 2.millenium BC. The remains of the Temple of Artemis, the great theatre of Ephesus seating 25.000 spectators are only some of the highlightsthat have been brought to daylight during the excavations which started in 1895 andare being carried out by Austrians ever since.
| Tour Details
Departure & Return Location
Bodrum Hotels (door to door service)
English, Polish, Francais, Russian
- Step into antiquity on a full-day trip from Bodrum to the Ancient City of Ephesus that explores the ruins of a Roman port and the Virgin Mary’s House
- Explore the UNESCO-listed ruins of Ephesus including Celsus Library, Great Theater and the Odeon
- Marvel at the remains of the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
- Learn about the history of Ephesus through your guide's commentary
| What's Included
- Free Hotel Transfer
- Guiding Service
- Full Insurance
| What's Excluded
- House of Virgin Mary Fee
- Ephesus Entrance Fee
- Personal Expenditure
| Don't Forget
- Children will be asked to present their valid passports at the entrance of the museums in order to validate their age.
- Hat, Sun Cream, Sunglasses, Camera, Comfortable Shoes, Comfortable Clothing.
- This Tour is Not Suitible For Guests With Walking Difficulties
Make the most of your holidays by joining an amazing excursion towards the ancient city of Ephesus. Our Bodrum Ephesus Tour enables you to get away from the crowds and admire the upgraded aesthetics of Ephesus, while unfolding the area’s history. Enjoy some incredible views, admire the ancient architecture and visit some of the country’s most notable sites with a full day excursion from Bodrum.
- 07:00 Departure from Bodrum
- 08:15 Breakfast (Bafa lake/30 minute)
- 10:30 Gold centre (Galata gold centre/Selçuk/1 hour)
- 11:30 Ephesus antique city
- 13:45 Lunch (Sultan Restaurant)
- 15:15 Departure from Selçuk
- 16:45 Break (Bafa Lake / 30 min.)
- 17:00 Departure from Bafa Lake
- 19:00 Arrival Bodrum.
| Tour Program
Pick up: During the morning time, a comfortable and modern vehicle will pick you up from your hotel in Bodrum. A professional tour guide will welcome you in the bus and explain to you the final details of this amazing sightseeing experience.
Breakfast stop: The road trip towards Ephesus is approximately 3 hours long. However, in order to make this journey pleasurable and joyful, some stops are included. The first stop, takes place to a restaurant close to Bafa Lake. There, you can have a tasty and energizing breakfast while admiring the natural beauty.
Selcuk Town: At the charming town of Selchuk another stop takes place. This town is known for having a long tradition in producing Turkish delights. You will visit a local factory and have the opportunity to taste the various flavours of this traditional dessert. If you wish, you may also purchase some of them to take back home.
Temple of Artemis: Sightseeing in Ephesus begins with a visit at the ruins of Artemis’ Temple. The most interesting highlight of this site is that is characterized as one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world. During the visit, the tour guide will explain the importance and the history of this temple.
Ephesus: The tour continues towards the ancient city of Ephesus. During the Roman times, this settlement was the second most important city after Rome. As a centre for trade and politics, Ephesus was entirely constructed with marble and showcases an exquisite example of upgraded aesthetics and ancient design.
House of Virgin Mary: During this full day experience, you will also visit an important Christian site in the area. Surrounded by the tranquil atmosphere of nature, the house of Virgin Mary is according to the Christian Orthodox tradition, the place where she spent her last days. There, you can snap some nice photos, admire the natural setting and learn some interesting insights about this site.
Return: The tour to Ephesus finishes during the afternoon. By the end of the last stop, the bus will drive you back to Bodrum and drop you off at your place of accommodation.